Beneath is an expansion of the topics that will be discussed over the two days:
- Client care and trust building
- Knowing your value in an emotional and monetary sense
- How to apply consistency in your photography
- Systems and admin within your business
- Discovering your strengths and weaknesses and how to use them effectively in your business
- Developing an authentic aesthetic through experience, inspiration, and storytelling.
- Time management
- Marketing & branding – the strength of using emotion in your business
- Lighting and shooting techniques (through a live shoot)
- Post production and workflow
- The power of community
- 21st and 22nd of June 2017
- Gibbston Valley, Central Otago, New Zealand
- Price $1299 NZD.
- Payment can be made in two parts of 50%.
We will gather together in a historic villa in the Gibbston Valley of Central Otago, New Zealand (30 minutes from Queenstown Airport) If you haven’t been here before Gibbston Valley is picturesque wine region that is nestled in between the snow-capped mountains of Central Otago. I chose here because I know that everyday life can feel chaotic and overwhelming at times so I wanted to find a place where we can come together to feel relaxed, refreshed and inspired, the best state to be in to learn… oh and drink a glass of wine or two.
A live shoot with a real couple will take place on the morning of day two.
Accommodation is not provided within this price but feel free to look into accommodation via airbnb.com, bookabach.co.nz and booking.com in the Gibbston Valley, Arrowtown, Dalefield, Speargrass Flat, Lake Hayes etc. Once you have purchased a seat I will add you to a Facebook group where you can see if anyone may be willing to share a place together. I am also happy to recommend places for you to stay if you need any help.
It would be such a pleasure to continue community with one another over dinner each night in Arrowtown, though the meal will be at the cost of each attendee.
Please note that once a seat has been purchased it is non-refundable but may be transferable.
10% of all proceeds from this workshop will be donated to Living Hope. (A Watoto initiative)
I try really hard to be aware of what a blessed life that we live being photographers and living in a place like New Zealand. For me it is important to be generous to those who are far more in need than I. As you know I am really passionate about seeing women succeed in running their own business so I wanted to partner up with Living Hope to support women in Africa to help restore their dignity. Through Living Hope, women are equipped with necessary life skills and empowered through income generating projects, enabling them to become productive members of the community. In addition the comprehensive psychosocial support they receive has given them purpose, dignity, and a future.
Please follow this link if you wish to read more about Living Hope.